Name: Professor Dr Kamarul Zaman Bin Ahmad
Current Occupation : Professor of Management, University of Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE)
(Previously an Associate Professor of Management at College of Business Administration at Abu Dhabi Unviversity. Previously a Senior Lecturer and Former Chairman of PhD Committee & Deputy Dean of the Faculty of Business & Accountancy, University Malaya.)
Dr Kamarul is a Certified Trainer and Master Practitioner of NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming), Time Lines and Hypnotherapy), currently training under INLPCA
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
DATES QUALIFICATIONS PLACE OF STUDY
1974 -1978 O - Levels Raffles Institution, Singapore
1979 - 1981 A - Levels Chester College of Further Education, UK
1981 - 1984 B.A. (Hons.) Law Leeds Beckett University UK
1985 - 1986 Bar-at-Law Lincolns Inn, London, UK
1993 - 1996 MBA University Malaya
1996 -1997 ICSA Self-study, Malaysia
1997 - 2001 PhD Manchester Business School,
University of Manchester, UK
Times Higher Education No. 33 World University Rankings
PhD Thesis on Business Psychology.
Title: The association between person, work environment, job satisfaction and performance
SUBJECT TAUGHT at PhD level
SUBJECTS TAUGHT at MBA level
2. Organisational Behaviour
5.Business Research Methods & SPSS
TAUGHT IN OTHER FACULTIES IN UM
1. Faculty of Science (Research Methodology)
2) Institute of Public Policy and Management i.e. INPUMA (Research Methodology, People Skills, Leadership and Emotional Intelligence)
TAUGHT IN OTHER INSTITUTIONS
1.University Putra Malaysia
3.University of Hawaii (external MBA program held in Malaysia)
4.Irish International University (external MBA program held in Malaysia)
5.University of Portsmouth (external MSc program held in Malaysia)
6.University of Wales (external MBA program held in Malaysia)
7.University of Herriot Watt (external MBA program held in Malaysia)
1.Human Resources Admin & Legal Manager (1997- 4 months)
2.Freelance lecturer (1996-1997)
3.Business Development Manager (1996 – 5 months)
4.Lawyer (1986 – 1996)
1.University Malaya SLAB (for PhD)
2.University Malaya Biasiswazah (for MBA)
3.MARA [for Bar-at-Law & B.A.(Hons.) Law]
REFEREED JOURNAL PUBLICATIONS
1.Ahmad, K. Z. (2010). An investigation of objective person-environment fit: the dark side of intelligence. International Journal of Psychological Studies, 2(2). 2.Ahmad, K. Z. (2010). Person-environment fit: a critical review of previous studies and a proposal for future research. International Journal of Psychological Studies, 2(1). 3.Ahmad, K. Z. (2010). Aligning military and soldiers’ value hierarchy. International Journal of Business and Management, 5(3). 4.Ahmad, K. Z. (2010). Person-environment fit approach to intolerance of inequity and free-riders. International Business Research, 3(3). 5.Ahmad, K. Z. (2010). Mars Venus and Gray: Gender Communication. International Business Research, 3(2). 6.Ahmad, K. Z. (2010). P-E Fit approach to intolerance of inequity and free-riders. International Business Research, 3(1). 7.Lee H.Y., & Ahmad, K. Z. (2008). The Moderating Effects of Organizational Culture on the Relationships between Leadership Behaviour and Organizational Commitment and Between Organisation commitment and Job Satisfaction and Performance. Leadership and Organization Development Journal. 8.Thiruchelvam, K., & Ahmad, K. Z. (2008). Attracting Scientific and Technical Talents from Abroad: The Malaysian Experience. Asian Journal of Technology Innovation, 16(2), 113-132. 9.Ahmad, K. Z. (2008). Work Value Congruence and Satisfaction at Work: Is Western Concept Applicable to a Developing Country such as Malaysia. Asian Journal of Business & Accounting, 1(1), 131-156. 10.Ahmad, K. Z. (2008). Relationship between Leader-Subordinate Personality Congruence and Performance and Satisfaction in the UK. Leadership and Organization Development Journal, 29(5/6), 396-411. 11.Ahmad, K. Z., Aliman, N.K., Mahdzan, N.S.A., Kamarudin, M.A., Peng, C.Y. & Nandita, T. (2004). Emotional Stability and Perception of Job Security in the Services Sector Malaysia. Malaysian Management Journal, 8(2), 1-15 12.Ahmad, K. Z. (2003). The Association between Ethical Decision Making, Job Satisfaction, Organisational Commitment, and Selected Demographic Variables (2003). Malaysian Management Journal, 7(2), 1-11. 13.Ahmad, K. Z., & Raida A.B. (2003). The Association between Training and Organisational Commitment Among White Collar Workers In Malaysia. The International Journal of Training and Development, 7(3), 166-185. 14.Ahmad, K. Z., & Khairuddin, M.M. (2003). Person-Environment Fit Perceptions and Satisfaction at Work (2003). Malaysian Management Journal, 7(1), 35-46. 15.Ahmad, K. Z. (2002). The Association between Sensitivity, Group Size & Satisfaction (2002). Malaysian Management Journal, 6(1), 53-61.
1) "Empower Yourself Through NLP, Time LineTherapy Tm
2) "PhD: The Pursuit of Excellence"
3) "So You Want To Get A PHD"
4) Managing people for success and satisfaction (2002, ISDN: 0 9513973 05) by Ingleton & Ahmad. Special Interest Publications, Leicestershire.
1. Kamarul, Z.A. & Khok L.K. (2007). The Association between Transformational Leadership, Self Esteem and Job Satisfaction. APC Conference, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
2. Kamarul, Z.A., Awang Z., Wong C.C., Tan K.C. & Mohamad I.A.F. (2007). The Impact of Cultural and Structural Characteristics of Innovation on Malaysia 3rd UNITEN International Business Conference (UIBM), Hotel Equatorial Melaka, Malaysia.
3. Kamarul, Z.A., Aliman, N.K. Mahdzan, N.S.A. Kamarudin, M.A., Peng, C.Y. & Nandita, T. (2005). The IT industry The Quest for Emotional Stability in an Insane World. UM-FBA Asian Business Conference 2005, Park Royal Hotel, Kuala Lumpur.
4. Thiruchelvam K. & Kamarul, Z.A. (2004). Attracting Scientific and Technical Talent from Abroad: Lessons for Malaysia. The 4th International Malaysian Studies Conference (MSC4), UKM Bangi.
5.Kamarul, Z.A. (2003). Work Value Congruence and Satisfaction at Work: Is Western Concept Applicable to a Developing Country such as Malaysia? Academy of World Business, Marketing and Management Development Conference. July 13-16th, 2004 – Gold Coast International Hotel, Queensland, Australia.
6. Kamarul, Z.A. (2003). Person-Environment Fit: A Critical Review of the Previous Studies and a Proposal for Future Research. EPUK conference (June 2003) at The Scott Sutherland School, The Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen Scotland.
7. Kamarul, Z.A. (2003). The Association between Intelligence, Group Size and Satisfaction (Workplace): A Logistic Regression Analysis. EPUK conference (June 2003) at The Scott Sutherland School, The Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen Scotland.
8. Kamarul, Z.A. (2001). Superior-Subordinate Fit: An Extension of the Supplementary Fit Model. at the 7TH Asia Pacific Conference, at Citidel Kuala Lumpur (Year 2001).
9. Kamarul, Z.A. (2000). Superior-Subordinate Fit: An Extension of the Supplementary Fit Model. Presented at the Federal School of Management Conference, Manchester UK (Year 2000), (won prize for best abstract), and
1.Leadership and Job satisfaction in Granics Sdn. Bhd. (2003).
2.Enhancing Human Capital using The Malaysian Returning Scientist Program – problem identification and recommendations (2002). Client: The Ministry of Science and Technology (MOSTE).
1. The relative effectiveness of techniques in NLP, TIme Line Therapy TM and Hypnotherapy in managing stress and negative emotions. (Current)
2. The moderating effects of Training on the Relationship between Empowerment and Satisfaction (2007 - 2008)
3. The association betwen Training and Organisational Citizenhsip (2007-2008)
WORKSHOPS & IN-HOUSE TRAINING
1. Leadership and Emotional Intelligence for Nigerian Delegates at INPUMA
2. NLP Negotiation for strategic alliance
3. Three-day Management retreat conducted on Protons managers at Malacca in which extreme activities such as fire-walking, fire-eating, walking barefoot on broken glass and extinguishing fire with bare hands were included.
4. Interviewing skills 2-day training workshop for Suruhanjaya Perkhidmatan Awam (SPA) April 2004.
5. One day workshop on research methodology and report writing for Malaysian Insurance Institute - March 2004
6.Interviewing skills one-day training workshop for Lembaga Hasil Dalam Negeri (LHDN) February 2004.
7.Training on “People Skills” (Teambuilding, Emotional Quotient and Self-Development) for PROTON executive staff. (Commencing Aug 2003 until 2005).
8.Negotiation skills for senior Government officials (executive directors) in A’ Famosa Resort.
9.Human Resources Conference Lumut July 2003. Workshop on Psychological Interviewing.
10.ASLI (Asian Strategy & Leadership Institute). National Human Resource Summit 2003. Workshop on “The Case of Dealing With Difficult People. Venue: Sunway Lagoon Resort Hotel.
11.Coordinated a workshop on Global Management at INTAN from 8th to 12th April 2002. Participants were from the Civil service grade M2 who were being promoted to M1.
12.Speaker at workshop on Global Human Resources at INTAN from 11th to 12 April 2002. Participants were from the Civil service grade M2 who were being promoted to M1